Hi, it’s me, Russell Johnston. Here are some things I’m currently working on:
- Dejavu is a reimplementation of classic versions of Game Maker for fun and preservation. A previous attempt, built on LLVM, lives here.
- Visual Studio C++. At Microsoft, I’m on the team that handles IntelliSense (autocomplete, navigation, etc.).
- The Rust programming lanugage is a competitor to C and C++ with compile-time memory safety, an ML-like type system, and an excellent community.
Here are some projects I’ve been involved with in the past:
- Spice was my senior project at the University of Utah. It’s a C debugger that visualizes control flow and data structures across time.
- SQLite Tracer is a profiling tool from my time as an intern at Microsoft.
- ENIGMA is an open source game engine fusing Game Maker and C++.
- I’ve spent a lot of time designing small games, though they aren’t hosted anywhere at the moment.